WCA Teams Up with World Bicycle Relief to Mobilize Women in Rural Africa and Promote Women’s Cycling Around the World
Pro Cyclist and WCA President, Robin Farina will join other pros and avid cyclists for the first ever All-Female Trois Etapes Tour de France Team
The Women’s Cycling Association (WCA) is joining forces with World Bicycle Relief (WBR) to create the first ever all-female team to take on the Trois Etapes Tour de France, with a goal to raise funds to mobilize women in rural Africa and promote women’s cycling around the world. On August 7-10, Pro Cyclist and WCA President, Robin Farina, will join a team of women pros as well as avid cyclists to tackle some of the most grueling climbs of the Grand Tour in the French Pyrenees.
The all-female team will be led by Evelyn Stevens of Specialized-lululemon and Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio of Hitec Products. Specialized Bicycles/Specialized Women just announced a $50,000 donation to the All-Female team. More information here on the donation- http://ow.ly/zPdbk.
Other team members include:
• Chrissie Wellington, Four-time Ironman World Champion, legend in the endurance world, and a key player for Le Tour Entier and La Course;
• Robin Farina, Professional cyclist and President of the Women’s Cycling Association, a nonprofit that advocates for the development of women’s cycling equitably and sustainably;
• Jill Gass, Coach at B9T9, a women’s cycling team from Santa Barbara, CA; • Vicki Ford, Endurance triathlete and cyclist from Austin, TX;
• Heidi Wood, Elite cyclo-cross racer and avid road cyclist from Seattle, WA;
• Sarah Boddington, Avid road cyclist from Surrey, UK (that’s me!); and
• April Marshke, Specialized Women’s Business Manager in Europe.
The team aims to raise funds to mobilize women and girl students in rural Africa through WBR’s programming, grow women’s cycling by being the first-ever all-female team at the event, create change through [...]